Friday, January 11, 2013

News Everywhere



Day 4 and I'm doing really good. The Sam Champion withdrawls are getting better but I'm finding that avoiding the news is definitely challenging. I was in the car yesterday and there was talk about some singer. My daughter-in-law asked me if that was considered gossip or news. Well, I'm not sure. I contemplated this for a bit and decided it could be both. News can be good or bad and so can celebrity "updates". Yeah somebody got divorced, married, had an affair, or had a baby. Do I really need to know this? No! Even though I didn't pay attention to what they were talking about, the next time I get in the car, I will change the channel quickly.

Another challenge is my Yahoo homepage and facebook. Yahoo has news everywhere! So I find that when I click on Yahoo to get to my mail, I just keep my eyes towards the top to quickly click on my mail icon. I have changed my homepage to facebook but what happens when a friend mentions some news event? Even though I haven't had that happen, I have wondered what I should do. I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

And as for the weather, yesterday started out sunny with some clouds but by evening it was raining. So I take it it was above freezing or the rain would have been snow. Today its foggy and a little chilly but no frost on the ground so again above freezing. Observation is a wonderful thing and God has provided me with a another day of discovering life. And who knows what tomorrow brings but I will wait in excitement to observe the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment