Monday, January 14, 2013

To My Amazement!


This whole journey of no news or weather, is not only challenging but rewarding. After several unseasonably warm days, all of our snow had disappeared. When I awoke yesterday, I was amazed by the sight of SNOW. Usually I get excited for the first snowfall because it has been months since I seen it last, but then you get used to it being there and then it's gone. I truly felt amazed by the sight. Not knowing brings your senses to a new level. My senses are also freezing. I don't know what the temperature is but I do know that it's darn cold out.




The news bombards our minds with too much information and worry. My daughter-in-law called and asked if I had heard about the flu being real bad. She said her dad was freaking out and wanted her and the kids to stay home so they don't get sick. After hearing that, I thought that's precisely why we don't need to watch the news. It's flu season! Well then wash your hands, eat right, rest, and pray you don't get it. So the next challenge is to let everyone know (who watches the news and weather), I don't want to know. Yeah they will think "crazy woman" but I know that my mind is becoming clearer, I am becoming more at peace, and I feel that God is making me notice all his wonders in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment